Operator Control Panel (OCP)
The Vertex controller’s user-friendly front panel serves as both a programming station and operator control panel (OCP). This front panel allows engineers to access and program the unit to specific plant requirements and lets plant operators easily start/stop the compressor and enable/disable any control mode. Password security is used to protect all unit program mode settings. The controller’s 8” graphical display allows operators to view actual and setpoint values from the same screen, simplifying turbine operation.
Distributed Control System (DCS) Node
Designed to function as a plant Distributed Control System node, the Vertex can interface with the plant’s DCS via hardwired input/output signals or serial or Ethernet communications. The Vertex control uses SNTP (synchronized network time protocol) over Ethernet to allow users to synchronize the control’s real-time clock to the plant distributed control system.
With the capability to monitor and control all compressor based functions (i.e., bearing temperatures, vibration levels, control oil levels, etc.) the Vertex controller is also a cost-effective compressor control/protection device as well as a plant DCS monitoring node.
Integrated Package Replacement
As a replacement for old or obsolete anti-surge controllers, the Vertex can be configured to function like these controllers but with two-times faster scan rates, improved surge anticipation logic, and one integrated package for all control functions (anti-surge control loop 1, anti-surge control loop 2, performance control, and dual-redundant control).
Vertex control capabilities include:
- Motor or Turbine Drive Interface Logic
- Inlet Throttle Valve Control
- Inlet Guide Vane Control
- Recycle Valve(s) Control
- Anti-Surge Control
- Performance Control (suction or discharge pressure or process flow)
- Surge Anticipation Logic
- Surge Protection Logic
- Surge Recovery Logic
- Load Sharing (parallel compressors up to three trains)
Vertex features include:
- User configurable
- Integrated operator control panel
- Surge detection and recovery logic
- Load sharing (up to 3 compressors in parallel)
- Expandable I/O via distributed modules
- Security (program is password protected)
- First-Out indication (alarms & shutdowns)
- Remote analog setpoints for performance control
- Bearing temperature monitoring/alarms/trips
- Vibration monitoring/alarms/trips
- Real-time clock synchronization via SNTP
- Ethernet and serial communications
- Sulfur-resistant conformal coating
- Certified for Hazardous Locations